Hello! My name is Kandy Hopkins and I am an adaptable, deadline-oriented and absurdly thorough freelance writer, editor and copy editor with strong skills in proofreading for style and sense. While I specialize in health care and legal publications, I have polished and perfected a wide range of materials. These include:
- news and trade magazines
- peer-reviewed journals
- website copy and blog posts
- advertising and marketing copy
- small business and meeting brochures
Selected Clients & Employers:
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Association of Individual Investors
- American Hospital Association: Health Forum publications
- Joint Commission Resources
- Thomson Reuters: West and Hildebrandt Institute
- Met all freelance deadlines.
- Have an uncanny ability to spot extra spaces, bad math and misused—though correctly spelled—words.
- Highly skilled at proofing layouts for adherence to graphic design criteria.
- Quickly adopt in-house, often quirky styles guides.
- Well-versed in:
◊ Associated Press Stylebook (AP style)
◊ Chicago Manual of Style (CMS)
◊ The Bluebook
◊ American Medical Association Manual of Style (AMA style)
In addition to my writing and editorial skills, I am proficient at both QuarkXPress and InDesign, several CMS systems, and basic HTML, with advanced skills in Word and Adobe Acrobat. I am also darn easy to work with, read style guides for fun, and have a long-held passion for copious amounts of coffee.
In short, I have mad skills and I’m not afraid to use them.