I am an adaptable, deadline-oriented, and absurdly thorough copy editor with strong skills in proofreading for style and sense. Thanks to 20 years of experience as both an in-house and freelance copy editor, I provide the much-needed, no-nonsense assurance that your publications are as error-free and professional as humanly possible.
I offer three editing services—Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Substantive Copy Editing—and several full-issue Editing Packages for magazines and journals (download my Services & Packages sheet for more details).
Please note that it’s absurdly hard to showcase my editing skills since very few people want me to share a red-lined proof of their work that shows every tiny error. (Go figure.)
Thanks for looking!
While I specialize in health care, medical, and legal publications for news and nonprofit organizations, I have polished and perfected a wide range of materials. These include:
- news and trade magazines
- peer-reviewed journals
- nonfiction books
- white papers and case studies
- website copy and blog posts
- advertising and marketing copy
- meeting and small-business brochures
- menu plans and recipes
I’m also very well-versed in the following style guides:
- The American Medical Association Manual of Style (AMA)
- Associated Press Stylebook (AP)
- The Bluebook of Legal Citations
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMoS)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA)
Resume & Services
- Resume. My resume formatted in the traditional layout.
- Services & Packages. This document details a short background, the services I perform under each editing tier—Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Substantive Copy Editing—and what’s included in each Editing Package.
Tools of the Trade
I use several types of software to do my work, but the four primary applications are:
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe InCopy
- Microsoft Word
- Google Docs
I’m also well versed in several content and project management systems, the most used are:
- Documentum D2
- Editorial Manager