I am an adaptable, deadline-oriented, and absurdly thorough copy editor with strong skills in proofreading for style and sense. Thanks to 20 years of experience as both an in-house and freelance copy editor, I provide the much-needed, no-nonsense assurance that your publications are as error-free and professional as humanly possible.
I offer three editing services—Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Substantive Copy Editing—and several full-issue Editing Packages for magazines and journals (download my Services & Packages sheet for more details).
Please note that it’s absurdly hard to showcase my editing skills since very few people want me to share a red-lined proof of their work that shows every tiny error. (Go figure.)
To get an idea of my abilities, see the selected endorsements throughout this site (you can read several more on my LinkedIn profile) or contact me about editing a short sample (1,000 words or less).
Thanks for looking!
While I specialize in health care, medical, and legal publications for news and nonprofit organizations, I have polished and perfected a wide range of materials. These include:
- news and trade magazines
- peer-reviewed journals
- nonfiction books
- white papers and case studies
- website copy and blog posts
- advertising and marketing copy
- meeting and small-business brochures
- menu plans and recipes
I’m also very well-versed in the following style guides:
- The American Medical Association Manual of Style (AMA)
- Associated Press Stylebook (AP)
- The Bluebook of Legal Citations
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMoS)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA)
Resume & Services
- Resume. My resume formatted in the traditional layout.
- Services & Packages. This document details a short background, the services I perform under each editing tier—Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Substantive Copy Editing—and what’s included in each Editing Package.
Tools of the Trade
I use several types of software to do my work, but the four primary applications are:
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe InCopy
- Microsoft Word
- Google Docs
I’m also well versed in several content and project management systems, the most used are:
- Documentum D2
- Editorial Manager