I am an adaptable, deadline-oriented, and absurdly thorough copy editor with strong skills in proofreading for style and sense. Thanks to 20 years of experience as both an in-house and freelance copy editor, I provide the much-needed, no-nonsense assurance that your publications are as error-free and professional as humanly possible.
I offer three editing services—Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Substantive Copy Editing—and several full-issue Editing Packages (download my Services & Packages sheet for more details).
Please note that it’s absurdly hard to showcase my editing skills since very few people want me to share a red-lined proof of their work that shows every tiny error. (Go figure.) To get an idea of my abilities, see the selected endorsements on this site (you can read several more on my LinkedIn profile) or contact me about editing a short sample (1,000 words or less).
Thanks for looking!
While I specialize in health care, legal, and academic publications for nonprofits, I have polished and perfected a wide range of materials. These include:
- news and trade magazines
- peer-reviewed journals
- nonfiction books
- white papers and case studies
- website copy and blog posts
- advertising and marketing copy
- meeting and small-business brochures
- menu plans and recipes
I’m also very well-versed in the following style guides:
- The American Medical Association Manual of Style (AMA)
- Associated Press Stylebook (AP)
- The Bluebook of Legal Citations
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMoS)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA)