Welcome to my portfolio!
I am an adaptable, deadline-oriented, and absurdly thorough copy editor with strong skills in proofreading for style and sense. Thanks to 20 years of experience as both an in-house and freelance copy editor, I provide the much-needed assurance that your publications are as error-free and professional as humanly possible.
I offer three services—Proofreading, Copy Editing, and Substantive Copy Editing. Please note that it’s absurdly hard to showcase my editing skills since very few people want me to share a red-lined proof of their work that shows every tiny error. (Go figure.) To get an idea of my abilities, see the selected endorsements on this site (you can read several more by logging in to view my full LinkedIn profile) or contact me about editing a short sample (1,000 words or less).
Thanks for looking!
While I specialize in health care, legal, and academic publications for nonprofits, I have polished and perfected a wide range of materials. These include:
- news and trade magazines
- peer-reviewed journals
- nonfiction books
- white papers and case studies
- website copy and blog posts
- advertising and marketing copy
I’m also very well-versed in the following style guides:
- The American Medical Association Manual of Style (AMA)
- Associated Press Stylebook (AP)
- The Bluebook of Legal Citations
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMoS)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA)
Selected Clients & Employers (project types [style guides])
Health Care & Health
- American Hospital Association/Health Forum (health care magazines, websites, marketing, etc. [AP])
- Forks Over Knives (health- and diet-related articles and recipes [AP, in-house])
- Joint Commission Resources (health care magazine [AP])
- Milbank Memorial Fund (peer-reviewed articles [AMA])
- The Federal Lawyer magazine of the Federal Bar Association (legal news [AP, Bluebook])
- Thomson Reuters/West (legal books, magazines, articles [AP, Bluebook])
- Tighe Publishing Services Inc. (legal books [Chicago, Bluebook])
Education & Etc.
- Association Management Center (various trade publications [APA])
- The Center: Resources for Teaching and Learning (CCSS teacher editions [Chicago, APA])
- Tighe Publishing Services Inc. (CCSS teacher’s editions [Chicago, in-house])
- Trinity School (alumni magazines, annual report, etc. [Chicago, in-house])